Monday 18 November 2013

Topical Times - TOP-090/ZB7-11 Football Teams


1930
TOP-090/ZB7-11 - Football Teams
Topical Times
6 cards

Very rare team groups issued in 1928.
UPDATE (27-05-2022 16:22):  A comment below has stated that 1928 can't be the year of issue as David Halliday didn't join Arsenal until November 1929, yet he is included in the team photo. So I have amended the date to 1930. That's probably the reason why I've never been able to track down which issues these cards were included with.

Arsenal F.C.
Aston Villa F.C.
Blackburn Rovers F.C.
Bolton Wanderers F.C.
Huddersfield Town F.C.
Manchester City F.C.

2 comments:

  1. Hello, I don’t understand how this set is stated as being from 1928, when David Halliday didn’t join Arsenal until Nov 1929 and is featured on the Arsenal card in this set.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always been listed as a 1928 issue, but unlike other Topical Times cards I have never been able to track down the issues of the magazine that the cards were included with. If 1928 is incorrect that's probably why I never managed to trace their origin. If David Halliday didn't join until November 1929 I would have to assume these cards come from 1930.

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment, though it will not appear straight away, as I will need to authorize it.