1938-39
League Ladders
Amalgamated Press / The Champion
1 League Ladder
Bob Thomas has sent in some scans from a really superb League Ladder...
I've seen your list of League Ladders on your website.
I have an incomplete Champion League Ladders card; I've checked the 1st Division and the 3rd Division South lists and I'm sure it's the 1938-39 season (Unfortunately the Cardiff City tab is missing). For example, the New Brighton tab says "13th last season" and in 1937-38 they were 13th!
I've enclosed a scan of some of the tabs, with one especially for Roger.
I hope this is of use. Bloooobirds! Bob Thomas
I am always looking for information on League Ladders, especially those produced in the 1930s, 40s, 50s and 60s.
UPDATE (06-09-2024 17:51): Trevor has left a comment to confirm the team tabs were included with the issue dated 8 October, 1938 and included team tabs for the Scottish League Division 1. Did Scotland have their own League Ladder?
1st Division
Arsenal
Aston Villa
Birmingham
Blackpool
Bolton Wanderers
Brentford
Charlton Athletic
Chelsea
Derby County
Everton
Grimsby Town
Huddersfield Town
Leeds United
Leicester City
Liverpool
Manchester United
Middlesbrough
Portsmouth
Preston North End
Stoke City
Sunderland
Wolverhampton Wanderers
2nd Division
Blackburn Rovers
Bradford Park Avenue
Burnley
Bury
Chesterfield
Coventry City
Fulham
Luton Town
Manchester City
Millwall
Newcastle United
Norwich City
Nottingham Forest
Plymouth Argyle
Sheffield United
Sheffield Wednesday
Southampton
Swansea Town
Tottenham Hotspur
Tranmere Rovers
West Bromwich Albion
West Ham United
3rd Division South
Aldershot
Bournemouth & Boscombe Athletic
Brighton & Hove Albion
Bristol City
Bristol Rovers
Cardiff City
Clapton Orient
Crystal Palace
Exeter City
Ipswich Town
Mansfield Town
Newport County
Northampton Town
Notts County
Port Vale
Queens Park Rangers
Reading
Southend United
Swindon Town
Torquay United
Walsall
Watford
3rd Division North
Accrington Stanley
Barnsley
Barrow
Bradford City
Carlisle United
Chester
Crewe Alexandra
Darlington
Doncaster Rovers
Gateshead
Halifax Town
Hartlepools United
Hull City
Lincoln City
New Brighton
Oldham Athletic
Rochdale
Rotherham United
Southport
Stockport County
Wrexham
York City


Thanks, Bob - I appreciate that! ;)
ReplyDeleteRoger
Some of this set was given away 08/10/1938.
ReplyDeleteIt states Complete set of Football team name tags including Scottish League Div. 1
are free inside.
No mention of the folder which held these though.
Regards,
Trevor
Thank you Trevor, I presume there must be a Scottish League Ladder too???
DeleteHi Trevor,
DeleteWould you be able to provide a scan or photo (as large as possible) of the page that mentions the Scottish league Div. 1 name tags?
Cheers, Alan