Saturday 20 November 2021

Unknown issuer - The Game of Sports - Blue


c1900
The Game of Sports 
Unknown issuer
12 cards (2 football)

I found this set on Anson Whaley's superb website Pre-War Cards. The cards are line drawings printed in blue ink on poor quality card stock. The game was mad in Germany but I presume that the inclusion of baseball would me it was meant for the American market, rather than anywhere in Europe. I knew I'd seen the cards before but the trouble with anonymous cards is trying to find exactly where I'd seen them. I searched my database and discovered similar cards, though these are full-colour versions that I've already featured on my blog. I've updated that original post in light of Anson's discovery as I presume the coloured version comes from a similar game - Unknown issuer - The Game of Sports - Colour.

A.  Football - A Good Run
A.  Football - Well Stopped
B.  Cricket - Play
B.  Cricket - Out
C.  Golf - After
C.  Golf - Fore
D.  Wrestling - A Good Hold
D.  Wrestling - The Clinch
E.  Baseball
E.  Baseball
F.  Lawn Tennis
F.  Lawn Tennis

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment, though it will not appear straight away, as I will need to authorize it.