Wednesday 17 November 2021

Raphael Tuck & Sons - Die-Cut Scraps - Footballers/Cricketers (09)


1890's
Sporting Boys and Girls
Raphael Tuck & Sons / New York Coffee Company
5 cards

Anson Whaley has given permission to reproduce this image on my blog. It originally appeared on Pre-War Cards - Blog and database for pre-1948 sports cards. The link takes you directly to the post relating to these cards on Anton's blog. The cards are approximately 6" high and the balls have a diameter of about 2".
The balls are stamped in red with New York Coffee Company and New York.
Anson and I have different ideas of of what sports these card depict.
I think the boy on the right is a footballer. I also think that the boy on the left and the girl next to the boy on the right are also soccer players. I'm not sure about the other two children but I'd guess at tennis players.
I would be happy to hear from anyone who may be able to provide more information or images of similar cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment, though it will not appear straight away, as I will need to authorize it.