Saturday, 2 May 2020
Panini - Football 2020 (29) - Update Set - Footy Facts
Elias Patrick Jr has provided a complete list of all the Footy Facts from the backs of the Update stickers and has a very interesting website at Mundo das Figurinhas. The complete checklist for the Update Set can be found here - Panini - Football 2020 (27) - Update Set (02) - Checklist.
1. As a boy, Kyle was often in the crowd and was also sometimes a ball boy at Cherries games.
2. In October 2019 Sam scored on his debut for England's Under 21s, in a 2-2 draw with Slovenia.
3. Cédric scored his only goal so far for Portugal in a 2-2 draw with Mexico in the Confederations Cup in June 2017.
4. In November 2019 Pablo became the first Spanish player to win the Copa Libertadores, the biggest tournament in South American club football.
5. Eddie has been compared to Arsenal legend Ian Wright because of his pace and eye for goal.
6. Before joining Aston Villa, Pepe made 285 appearances for Liverpool, kept 134 clean sheets, won three PL Golden Glove awards and contributed four assists!
7. After winning the PL title with Leicester in 2016, Daniel moved from the Foxes to Chelsea in 2017 for £40m.
8. When he was younger, Borja played in goal just like his father Miguel, before switching to play as a forward.
9. Mbwana is the first Tanzanian to play in the Premier League.
10. Tariq was part of England's squad at the Under-19 European Championships in 2019.
11. Alexis debuted for Argentina as a sub in a 0-0 draw v. Chile in August 2019.
12. Josh helped Bristol City reach the 2017/18 League Cup semi-final beating four Premier League side en route.
13. Aged just 16, Billy was named Best Breakthrough Player as he helped Scotland's Under-21s reach the 2018 Toulon Tournament semi-final.
14. Faustino's footballing here as a boy was current Chelsea boss, Frank Lampard, and he is named after former Newcastle and Colombia star, Faustino Asprilla.
15. In January 2019, Brandon became Crystal Palace's second-youngest ever Premier League debutant when appearing as a sub v. Norwich.
16. Cenk can thank his dad, Senol, for making him a two-footed player, because he used to make him practise with his left as well as his right!
17. João was part of the Portugal squad which participated in the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio.
18. When making his Everton debut aged 16 years and 286 days old, Anthony became the sixth-youngest player ever to appear for the Toffees.
19. Ryan is good friends with James Maddison. They played together at Norwich and have now been reunited at Leicester.
20. Takumi Minamino is Liverpool's first Japanese player and the ninth to have appeared in the Premier League.
21. Joe scored 40 goals in 80 games for Brentford's B team.
22. England Under-20 international Nathan is renowned for his great work ethic and exceptional attitude.
23. In November 2019, Brandon got his first Premier League goal in a 303 draw with Sheffield United.
24. Bruno was named Portuguese Premier League Player of the Year in July 2018.
25. Odion scored 39 goals in 99 games for Watford between 2014 and 2017.
26. In 2018, Danny bravely spoke out about mental health issues and paved the way for others to follow his lead.
27. Valentino made his international debut v. Iceland in 2014 and has scored three goals in 28 appearances for Austria.
28. When with Spurs, Nabil scored his first goal against... wait for it... his new side, Newcastle, in December 2014.
29. Lukas described the chance of playing for Norwich in the Premier League as "a childhood dream" come true.
30. Ondrej scored Slovakia's first goal at Euro 2016 in a 2-1 defeat to Wales.
31. When Jack debuted for Liverpool in May 2010 aged 16, he became the club's youngest-ever-first-team player. (Harvey Elliot & Jerome Sinclair have since overtaken him).
32. Panos was born in South Africa to Greek parents and started his football career at Olympiacos.
33. At £22m, the Blades paid their biggest-ever transfer fee to sign Sander – the fifth time since rejoining the Premier League that they's broken their transfer record!
34. The last of Jack's three England caps came in 2013 and his last PL appearance was in May 2017 for Sunderland.
35. With bags of pace, Richairo is a Dutch Under-21 international who joined Sheffield United on loan from Chinese side Changchun Yatai.
36. Kyle played in England's Under-20 2017 FIFA World Cup winning team and has been capped at Under-21 level too.
37. England Under-20 international Japhet made his Premier League debut against Liverpool in January 2020.
38. Gedson is skilled at running with the ball and is great at making positive forward passes.
39. When he was a boy, Steven's dad would throw a ball high in the air for him to control over and over again. That explains his brilliant first touch!
40. Ignacio joined Watford from Italian side Udinese fo £7m. Both teams are owned by the Pozzo family!
41. João originally agreed to join Watford in October 2018 before he had even made his senior team debut!
42. Darren spent two enjoyable seasons at West Ham from 2015-2017, so this is a happy return!
43. Jeremy modelled his attacking style of play on all-action Hammers' frontman Michail Antonio.
44. Tomás was voted Czech Player of the Year after helping Slavia Prague to the double in 2018/19.
45. Pacy winger Jarrod was voted Hull City Players' Player of the Year in 2017/18.
46. Daniel appeared for Portugal's Under-21s with Ruben Neves and Diogo Jota in 2017.
47. Leonardo's father, Pablo, was once South America's best tennis player and represented his country in the Davis Cup.
48. Don't forget you can be a part of the collection, go to www.mypanini.com or download the MyPanini App. Upload your photo and create your own personalised sticker!