2017
Campeonato Carioca Sub20 2017
Abril / CAIXA
Brazil
? stickers
Promotional stickers issued at one of the games in Brazil. I only have information on these two, I've no idea how many stickers were issued. If anyone has further information please get in touch.
Paulo Henrique Sampaio Filho (CR Vasco da Gama)
Vinicius Junior (Corinthians FC)



Hi Allan, this might be a long shot but do you happen to remember where you got your original information on this set from? I ask because you may have seen an article from PSA in 2021 which cast some doubt on the authenticity (https://www.psacard.com/articles/articleview/10507/psa-update-uncovers-new-information-suspicious-soccer-stickers). Personally, I think that PSA probably haven't done their homework particularly well as after a few hours I found evidence that this sort of print has the potential to exist and that even some local football clubs/schools in Brazil produce their own albums. In fact, I have a picture of an 11 year old Vini Jr sticker that I found after looking on Brazilian pages on instagram! My thought is to compile as much information as I can before making any definitive statements but I noticed your post was in 2017, being the same year that the stickers were released.
ReplyDeleteHi,
DeleteI must admit I don't remember where I found those stickers. I've always done a lot of searching. I've actually got a few posts relating to this collection. Abril were producing stickers for many years and were still doing so in 2017. Vinicius Junior signed for Real Madrid a few months before I posted images of the stickers, though he wouldn't move to Spain until the following summer. I don't have any reason to doubt it's authenticity but I used to see various comments about them being fake, but not from anyone with any authority. It was usually Americans who doubted the voracity of the stickers. They think that because they are not part of some well-known annual collection by Panini so they can't be real. I'll be interested to know what your research uncovers. Good luck.
Alan