International Footballers 1909-10
W.D. & H.O. Wills
An illustrated checklist of the Welsh players in this collection. I would like to thank Neil Goulding for the illustrations used here.
The back of the Lloyd Davies card lists him as playing for Wrexham and Everton. In fact, he never played for either team. The full list of all the clubs Lloyd Davies played for are listed below. It is possible that a mistake was made, as there was a Llewellyn Davies that played 13 times for Wales between 1907 and 1913 who included Wrexham and Everton amongst the clubs he played for.
International Footballers 1909-10 - Flag Cigarettes
International Footballers 1909-10 - Scissors Cigarettes
International Footballers 1909-10 - United Service Cigarettes
International Footballers 1909-10 - Blank back
International Footballers 1909-10 - Wales
H. Blew (Wrexham)
- Horace Elford Blew played for Grove Park School, Wrexham Old Boys (1895-96), Rhostyllen (1896-97), Wrexham (1897-1911), Bury (1906), Manchester City (1906), Manchester United (1906). 22 appearances for Wales.
- Rhosymedre St. Johns (1897-99), Druids (1899-1903), Stoke (1903-04), Wellington Town (1904), Swindon Town (1904), Stoke (1905-08), Northampton Town (1908-20). 16 appearances for Wales - Lloyd Davies' three brothers also played for Wales - Jospeh (7), Robert (1) and Thomas (4).
W.C. Davies (Stoke, Crystal Palace, West Bromwich Albion)
- William Charles Davies played for Rhayader, Llandrindod Wells, Knighton FC, Shrewsbury Town (1903-05), Stoke (December 1905-07), Crystal Palace (1907-08), West Bromwich Albion (1908-10), Crystal Palace (1910-15). 4 appearances for Wales.
- Robert Ernest Evans played for Saltney Ferry, Bretton FC (1900), Saltney Carriage Works FC (1902-05), Chester (1905), Wrexham (1905-06), Aston Villa (March 1906-08), Sheffield United (October 1908-1919), Tranmere Rovers (1914-18), Sandycroft FC (1914-18), Crichtons Athletic, Saltney Ferry, Brookhirst FC. 10 appearances for Wales.
- Edwin Hughes played for Wrexham St. Giles (Chester & District League), Wrexham Victoria (Wirral League), Wrexham (193--06), Nottingham Forest (1906-1911), Wrexham (1911-12), Manchester City (March 1912-20), Aberdare Athletic (1920-22), Colwyn Bay United, Llandudno Town (1924). 16 appearances for Wales.
- Evan Jones played for Trehafod, Aberdare Athletic (1908-09), Chelsea (1909-11), Oldham Athletic (February 1911-12), Bolton Wanderers (May 1912-1915), Newport County (1918-19), Swansea Town (1919-20), Pontypridd (9120), Porth (1921-23). 7 appearances for Wales.
- Jeffrey Woodward Jones played for Llandrindod Juniors, Llandrindod Wells (1904-06), Aston Villa (1906-07), Northern Nomads (1908-11), Llandrindod Wells (1910-11). 3 appearances for Wales.
L. Jones (Stoke, Middlesbrough)
- John Love Jones played for Rhyl (1903-05), Stoke (1905-07), Crewe Alexandra (1907-09), Middlesbrough (March 1909-11), Portsmouth (1911-13). 2 appearances for Wales.
Lot Jones (Manchester City)
- William 'Lot' Jones played for Chirk (1901-02), Druids (1902-03), Manchester City (January 1903-19), Southend United (1919-20), Aberdare Athletic (Player-Manager 1920-22), Wrexham (1922), Oswestry Town (1922-23), Chirk (1923-26). 20 appearances for Wales.
W. Meredith (Chirk, Manchester City, Manchester United)
- William Henry Meredith played for Black Park, Chirk (1890-94), Northwich Victoria (1894), Manchester City (1894-1905), Manchester United (1906-21), Manchester City (1921-24). 48 appearances for Wales.
A.G. Morris (Aberystwyth T., Swindon Town, Nottingham Forest)
- Arthur Grenville Morris played for Builth Town (1892), Abverystwyth Town (1893-97), Swindon Town (1897-98), Nottingham Forest (1898-1913). 21 appearances for Wales.
C. Morris (Chirk, Derby County, now Huddersfield Town)
- Charles Richard Morris played for Chirk (1897-1900), Derby County (1900-10), Huddersfield Town (1910-11), Wrexham (1911-12), Chirk. 27 appearances for Wales.
E. Peake (Aberystwyth, Liverpool)
- Ernest Peake played for Aberystwyth Town (1904-08), Liverpool (1908-14), Third Lanark (1914), Blyth Spartans (191-20), Aberaman (Player-Manager 1920-22), Caerphilly (Player-Manager 1922). 11 appearances for Wales.
L.R. Roose (Aberystwyth, London Welsh, Stoke, Everton, Sunderland)
- Leigh Richmond Roose played for University College Wales Aberystwyth, Aberystwyth Town (1898-1900), Druids (1900-01), London Welsh (1900-01), Stoke (1901-04), Everton (November 1904-05), Stoke (1905-08), Sunderland (1908-10), Glasgow Celtic (1910), Port Vale (1910), Huddersfield Town (April 1911), Aston Villa (August 1911), Woolwich Arsenal (December 1911), Aberystwyth Town, Llandudno Town. 24 appearances for Wales.
G. Wynne (sic) (Chirk, Wrexham, Manchester City)
- George Arthur Wynn played for Pant Glas, Oswestry United (April 1906-08), Wrexham (May 1908-09), Manchester City (April 1909-19, Coventry City (November 1919-21), Halifax Town (1921-22), Mossley (Cheshire League - 1923-24). 11 appearances for Wales.