Thursday 29 October 2015

Fosse Collection - Football Stars 1946/47 ~ 1st Series


1996-97
Football Stars 1946/47 ~ 1st Series
Fosse Collection
32 cards

Two different versions of these cards were available. Despite being identified as '1st Series', no further sets were issued with this title, though three sets of 'Soccer Stars 1946/47' did follow.


Football Stars 1946-47 ~ 1st Series

Football Stars 1946-47 ~ 1st Series (plain back - on thick white card)

1.  Bryn Jones (Arsenal)

2.  Dr. Kevin O'Flanaghan (Arsenal)
3.  Les Smith (Aston Villa)
4.  John Kelly (Barnsley)
5.  George Robledo (Barnsley)
6.  Neil Dougall (Birmingham City)
7.  Bobby Langton (Blackburn Rovers)
8.  Jimmy Blair (Blackpool)
9.  George Farrow (Blackpool)
10.  Stan Mortensen (Blackpool)
11.  Albert Geldard (Bolton Wanderers)
12.  Jackie Gibbons (Bradford Park Avenue)
13.  Billy Morris (Burnley)
14.  Eddie Kilshaw (Bury)
15.  George Mutch (Bury)
16.  Chris Duffy (Charlton Athletic)
17.  Tommy Walker (Chelsea)
18.  Peter Doherty (Derby County)
19.  John McIlhatton (Everton)
20.  Albert Bateman (Huddersfield Town)
21.  Aubrey Powell (Leeds United)
22.  Billy Liddell (Liverpool)
23.  Albert Stubbins (Liverpool)
24.  Tom Finney (Preston North End)
25.  Billy McIntosh (Preston North End)
26.  Charlie Wayman (Southampton)
27.  George Antonio (Stoke City)
28.  Alec Ormston (Stoke City)
29.  Jakcie Robinson (Sunderland)
30.  Len Shackleton (Sunderland)
31.  Trevor Ford (Swansea Town)
32.  Tom Galley (Wolverhampton Wanderers)



6 comments:

  1. Hi Alan

    is the 'Soccer Stars 1946/47' collection listed anywhere?

    best

    Paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Paul,

      I've held off adding the checklists because I'm missing four names from Set 4, but I think I'm more likely to get the checklist completed if I add it to my blog. I'll add it later today.

      Alan

      Delete
  2. Hi Alan

    Would still love to see the list of the full series. I have Blades cards from series 14 but no idea how many series were printed, nor which I am missing!

    best

    Paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Paul,

      This is the only checklist I have for Football Stars 1946/47 but I have noticed I've been neglecting all the different Fosse Collection sets. I have checklists for 21 Soccer Stars 1919-1939 sets. I will try and get as many as I can on my blog over the next couple of weeks and I'll concentrate on those series that include Blades players.

      Merry Christmas,

      Alan

      Delete
    2. HI Alan

      Fantastic! Can't wait to see. Hope you have a good Christmas.

      Thanks again!

      Paul

      Delete
    3. Hi Paul,

      I split all the Soccer Stars checklists into 4 posts, 3 have already appeared on my blog as the last post in each of the last 3 days. The 4th part will appear tomorrow at 7pm.

      Always happy to help whenever I can.

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment, though it will not appear straight away, as I will need to authorize it.