Sunday 3 August 2014

Nabisco / Shredded Wheat - NAB-020 World Sports Superstars and Sporting Trophies



1976

NAB-020 World Sports Superstars and Sporting Trophies
Nabisco / Shredded Wheat
6 (1 Footballer)

I'd like to thank Gareth Lewis for providing the illustrations for this listing. The superstars cards measure 72mm x 72mm. The background part of the card can be folded in half, as can be seen in the illustration on the back of the box.

UPDATE (29-07-2017 13:09):  Harry The Hooch has informed me that the issue date should be 1976, not 1908 so I've amended the year of issue.

Pele / World Cup

John Curry (Figure Skating)
Brendan Foster (Athletics)
Clive Lloyd (Cricket)
Harvey Smith (Equestrianism)
John H. Stacey (Boxing)


2 comments:

  1. Hi, I don't think you got my email as no reply, so here I am again. I think the secretary made a booboo, as this series is 1976, not 1980. On the side of the boxes it stated it was a 50 anniversary year, 1976, special offer. I am sure you know this but thought I ought to point it out also. Thanks again, great site! Harri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Harri,

      I don't think I got your e-mail (don't know what happened there). Thanks for letting me know I've listed the year of issue incorrectly. I'll update it straight away.

      Cheers,

      Alan

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment, though it will not appear straight away, as I will need to authorize it.