Saturday 20 April 2024

D.C. Thomson / Adventure - (THO-125-1/THO-201) County Cricketers


1957
(THO-125-1/THO-201) County Cricketers
D.C. Thomson / Adventure
16 cards

I have the Wilf Wooller card in my collection because of his connection to Cardiff City, even though there is no mention of footballing escapades. Only recently I discovered that there are a total of 18 cricketers in this collection issued across four D.C. Thomson comics that include details of their footballing exploits. I thought I'd include them here. A big thank you to the CardHawk website for allowing me to use their scans.
 
1.  Trevor Bailey (Essex)
2.  Gerry Lester (Leicestershire)
3.  D.W. Barrick (Northamptonshire)
4.  Cecil Cook (Gloucestershire)
5.  D.B. Carr (Derbyshire)
6.  N.I. Thomson (Sussex)
7.  G.W. Evans (Kent)
8.  C.J. Poole (Nottinghamshire)  -  Played soccer for Gillingham
9.  W. Wooller (Glamorgan)  -  Plymouth Argyle, Cardiff City - not included in biography
10.  T.H. Clark (Surrey)
11.  J.B. Statham (Lancashire)
12.  Henry Horton (Hampshire)  -  Has also played soccer for Blackburn R and Southampton
13.  Johnny Wardle (Yorkshire)
14.  L. Pickles (Somerset)
15.  M.J. Horton (Worcestershire)
16.  D. Bennett (Middlesex)  -  Has played soccer for Arsenal F.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment, though it will not appear straight away, as I will need to authorize it.