Sunday 9 December 2018

Wolverhampton Wanderers F.C. - Billy Wright & Stan Cullis (1948-49)


1948-49
Billy Wright & Stan Cullis
Wolverhampton Wanderers F.C.
2 cut-outs

I can across the two cut-outs of Billy Wright and Stan Cullis a long time ago. I didn't have any idea where they come from and the reverse of both includes the word 'Autographs'. Each is a mirror image of the other and thought that they might have been joined. Over the last few days I've been doing a lot of research trying to find out more information on the 'Film Stips', some of which have already been included on my blog. Wolves won the F.A. Cup in 1949 and I'd been informed that the Portsmouth - Leicester City F.A. Cup Semi-Final had featured in one series. I was hoping to find information on the other Semi-Final between Wolves and Manchester United. Instead I came across a booklet produced for a Civic Banquet in honour of Billy Wright and Stan Cullis, held at the Civic Hall in Wolverhampton on 11 April, 1949. And the image looked familiar and it didn't take long to find the relevant entry in my database. I suppose I should delete these two items from my database, but I probably won't. I've filed them under Wolverhampton Wanderers, though this is not strictly correct.
Follow this link for more information:  
http://www.fullwood.org.uk/football.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment, though it will not appear straight away, as I will need to authorize it.