Friday, 20 November 2015

Fleetway Publications / Football Star - Football Star All-Britain Team (Stand-up Footballers) (02)


1973-74

Football Star All-Britain Team (Stand-up Footballers)
Fleetway Publications / Football Star
12 Footballers

Here is the first sheet and I have Martin Bennett to thank for providing the scan and also Nigel Mercer for his help too.

The original checklist and the second sheet can be seen here - Fleetway Publications / Football Star - Football Star All-Britain Team (Stand-up Footballers).
UPDATE (08-09-2026 13:07):  Thanks to Trevor Cotterell's comment, it's now known that this sheet is the second one, though the issue date is correct.

Football Star All-Britain Team - Sheet 2  -   with issue 2, dated 15 September, 1973

Leighton James (Burnley)
Jimmy Johnstone (Celtic)
Martin Chivers (Tottenham Hotspur)
Billy Bremner (Leeds United)
Mike Channon (Southampton)
Bobby Moore (England)

2 comments:

  1. Hello Alan,
    On the back of the stand for the Bobby Moore figure it say IPC Magazines Sept.1973
    If you look at the board which these are attached to you will also notice that it states that these together with six which came with the No.1 Football Star completes the All- Britain team.
    So I think that these were in fact the second sheet not the first.
    Annoyingly the magazine doesn't give any clues to which came first.
    Regards,
    Trevor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Trevor,
      Your comment sent me on a quest and I've found a 4-page flyer advertising the first issue of Football Star and this sheet must be the second one as the illustrations show the first sheet included Mike England, Pat Jennings, etc. I'll amend these posts.
      Cheers,
      Alan

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment, though it will not appear straight away, as I will need to authorize it.