MCAE-2-4 Winners Against The Odds
J. John Masters & Co Ltd.
12 cards (3 Football)
A small set of matchbox labels highlighting some impressive sorting achievements. They were printed on the back/underside of the boxes. I know of 12 different ones and I think the checklist is complete, they are unnumbered and are numbered here for reference purposes only (in the order in which I discovered them). This is also an illustrated checklist of the football ones.
1. The Matthews Cup Final (1953 F.A. Cup Final)
2. Geordie Giantkillers (Sunderland - 1973 F.A. Cup Final)
3. Those Magnificent Magyars (England 3 Hungary 6)
4. Australia Murder England (The Ashes 1882 - Cricket)
5. Virginia Wade (Wightman Cup - Tennis)
6. Emil Zatopek (Athletics)
7. The Derby That Looked More Like The National (Foinavon - Horse Racing)
9. Britain beat America (Tennis)
10. Tunney's Lucky Break (Tunney v Dempsey - World Heavyweight Championships - Boxing)
11. Tony Jacklin (Open Championship - Golf)
12. Ali's Unique Hat-Trick (Muhammed Ali - Boxing)