Sunday 16 June 2013

La Nacion (Costa Rica) - Francia 98

 

1998
Francia 98
La Nacion
Costa Rica
72 stickers

I discovered these cards on eBay recently and wondered if anyone knew anything about them? I think they were issued by the newspaper La Nacion, and they seem to be perforated. So far I've found the following, but there are probably a lot more.
UPDATE (12-04-2017 12:06):  Thanks to the comment by daser below, the cards were issued in sheets of nine over an eight weeks for a total of 72 stickers.

Jurgen Klinsmann (Germany)
Alexei Lalas (U.S.A.)
Claudio Reyna (U.S.A.)
Eric Wynalda (U.S.A.)
Carlos Valderama (Colombia)    -   thanks to Arnd from Germany

2 comments:

  1. Hello!

    I don't know if this page is still alive hehe.

    I didn't expect to find this information in a foreign page. Those cards, in fact, were released in Costa Rica as a promotional merchandise to France 98 World Cup.

    The set contains 72 cards, and they came included every sunday inside the newspaper with a 9-card shet (1 sheet per group).

    Feel free to email me if you want to see the entire set.

    d a s e r 7 8 @ g m a i l . c o m

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi daser,

      Thank you for the information, I've sent you an e-mail.

      Cheers,

      Alan

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment, though it will not appear straight away, as I will need to authorize it.