1911
Lloyd's News Supplement
Lloyd's News
? giant postcards (? football)
I presume Fred Flanders was one of the youngest players to turn out for Derby County back in 1910, being just 16 years and 288 days old, but I can't seem to find him anywhere in the Derby County records. He also played in the F.A. Cup when 17 years and 35 days.
Fred Flanders (Derby County)
Fred Flanders after leaving school Captained Shelton United Reserves (Winners of Medals Competition Derbyshire Junior League), and joined Derby County May, 1910. Played for First Team October 15th Birmingham, at Derby, at the age of 16 years; also played against West Bromwich Albion, February 4th, and Everton, February 25th 1911, in the English Cup Competition, both at Derby. Plays Left Full Back.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Please feel free to leave a comment, though it will not appear straight away, as I will need to authorize it.