Sunday 10 April 2022

Smirnoff / Big League Cards - Teofilo 'Nene' Cubillas (1991)


1991
Teofilo 'Nene' Cubillas
Smirnoff / Big League Cards
USA
1 card

Teofilo Cubillas was one of my all-time heroes when I was growing up, though with so little football on television I was only able to watch him during his appearances at the World Cup. In my opinion probably the most skilled footballer after Pelé. He played with Fort Lauderdale Strikers in the NASL and by 1991 had played for seven years in the Florida Gold Coast League and he became the official spokesperson for Smirnoff's Hispanic Soccer Programme. I didn't have this card in my database and was amazed to find it on eBay.

Teofilo 'Nene' Cubillas

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment, though it will not appear straight away, as I will need to authorize it.