Friday 23 October 2020

Panini (Austria) - Fussball 19-20 (02) - Variation - Erling Haaland


2019-20
Fussball 19-20
Panini
Austria
329 stickers

There are two different versions of the Erling Haaland sticker. The original one, taken from a packet, is the sticker shown on the top row. The second is one of a batch of extra stickers produced by Panini Austria to meet with the extra demand when Erling Haaland's career took off last season. The sticker was eventually removed from the Fussball 19-20 Missing Sticker Service.
UPDATE (10-01-2021 11:57):  Last week Beckett posted an item on their website by Brian Fleischer informing collectors that there is a fake Erling Haaland Panini Austria Fussball 19/20 sticker in circulation. He had contacted Panini and they confirmed this fact. This article has now been removed, with Beckett bowing to pressure from many collectors with more knowledge than them regarding this matter. Brian Fleischer contacted Panini America and it's safe to assume they know nothing about the various Panini offices throughout Europe and the rest of the world. Panini Austria produced the stickers with the light panel to satisfy demand for the Haaland sticker from their missing sticker service after running out of stickers from the original print run. The original printing plates would have been destroyed some time before, so they would have needed to create new plates and that's why there's a difference between the two stickers.
UPDATE (14-04-2021 11-41):  More information added, detailing the three different versions of the sticker. Thanks to Andrea Viezzoli for his help.

•  1st Print: Autumn 2019 - June 2020.
Original Panini Austria Fussball 2019-20 Sticker Box

•  2nd Print: April 2020 - early-July 2020.
ONLY available from the Panini Austria website for Austrian residents only.

•  3rd Print: mid-July 2020 - October 2020.
Panini Austria's 2nd edition of 2019-20 Fussball boxes (Blank White Box). available from the Panini Austria website for Austrian residents only.

32.  Erling Haaland (FC Red Bull Salzburg)  -  Original - dark panel to Haaland's left, back grey and white
32.  Erling Haaland (FC Red Bull Salzburg)  -  Reprint - light panel to Haaland's left
32.  Erling Haaland (FC Red Bull Salzburg)  -  2nd Reprint - darker image, back black and white

17 comments:

  1. Hi. I see that the light panel version and the dark panel version have same labels on psa slabs and are sold for the same price on ebay.. do you think that they will hold the same price in the long term?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Davids,

      I need to add an update to this post after what happened last week, but as for your query I would presume, as it's the original, the dark panel version would eventually be the one to be more valuable than the reprint. The only thing to influence that would be quantities. There must be thousands of the dark panel version produced but how many would have made their way into the collectors market, where as it's likely that nearly all the light panel version would have ended up with collectors rather than fans wanting to complete the sticker album.

      Delete
  2. And overall, also the reprint is an original product by Panini, and also issued on the year 2019-2020, and also referred to the first stickers (I mean first photo with first club) so at the end I think we could consider as two different version. But no one better than the other....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello
    I reply from Italy and I have 3 copyes of print run type of Haaland Panini that in my opinion are a fake reprint. I know this when I compare it with a genuine Halland found in a packet. Fake copy has a different sound when you touch the paper, darker and opaque.I have these fake copies bought on eBay in late 2020.
    Remainin at your disposal
    Kind regards
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Andrea,

      Thank you for your comment and your e-mail, the photos you sent me are great. I've heard about the possible fake stickers and your photos are the best I've seen for showing the difference between a genuine sticker and a fake one. Give ma a couple of days and I'll get a new post on my blog about these.

      Delete
    2. hey guys, Any chance I could get sent the images that compare the two as well? would help a lot!

      Delete
    3. Hey guys, would it be possible to get a look at the photos that compare the fake and genuine one as well? would be super helpful!

      Delete
  4. Hello good day
    I received officially reply from Panini Italy and they confirm me that the reprint run first type Haaland Fussball N 32 Grey side are opaque and they have the same cookies in your hand. So as informations received no fake copies.
    Kind regards
    Andrea Italy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Andrea,

      Thank you for letting me know, I was going to post something today.

      Alan

      Delete
  5. https://imgur.com/ZSNMBQU

    check kink what you think are these first or 3rd print

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would guess at them being 1st printing, but it's difficult to tell just looking at photos of the fronts of the stickers.

      Delete
    2. i buy them from panini austria when they god back from non sold boxes and packs from austira stores that was last they have in late october , they told me that i can get sealed box or packs in zip bags but i will get 50 packs ... so i buy 10 boxes and get these 7

      Delete
    3. Congratulations, they look really good.

      Delete
  6. Hello, thank you for sharing this amazing information! I own an original Haaland sticker (grey panel) graded and the prices have dropped tremendously because PSA hasn't labeled the graded original from the reprint versions. The Pop count for this sticker on PSA is over 1,000. I hope one day people will know the difference but as of now what makes the original any better than the reprint if they're labeled the same and collectors don't even know? Very frustrating...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I think the same did go for BGS regarding identification but they now have two different versions.

      Delete
  7. I don’t think there are three print runs of this card. I think there are just two: the alternating white/clear border version and the solid white border version. I’ve bought Panini Calciatori stickers for years, and there are sometimes differences with the colors being lighter or darker. Can’t be a difference in print run because I buy them within the first week of release. Also, my Haaland rookie is darker on the back which, according to your information, could only be pulled from a white box. How then was I able to get it from a non-white Panini Fussball box secured with a Panini tamper sticker? At the end of the day, Panini should just come out and tell everyone how many print runs there were for this sticker.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment and your opinion on these sticker. So much has been written about this Haaland sticker and I have compiled this post from information gathered from various forums and websites. Many collectors still seem to recognise the three different versions and I have to be honest, I am not an expert on this subject, I don't own the stickers and rely on the considered opinions of others.

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment, though it will not appear straight away, as I will need to authorize it.