Sunday 26 June 2016

Boys' Friend - BOY-300 / BPJ-2-2A Footballers - head & shoulders


1922-23

BOY-300 / BPJ-2-2A Footballers - head & shoulders
Boys' Friend
10 cards

James Cotton sent me scans of this card as he couldn't find the checklist on my blog. I must admit I thought I had already included this set, but I hadn't. 

A set of 10 cards issued in pairs and given away with The Boys' Friend story paper between 18 November, 1922 and 16 December, 1922. 
Note the William J. Kirton card is erroneously labelled as William T. Kirton on the front of the card, though his name is correct on the reverse.

1.  Ernest England (Sunderland) / George Brewster (Everton)  -  18 November, 1922

2.  W.R. Wainscoat (Barnsley) / John Elkes (Southampton)  -  25 November, 1922
3.  James H. Branston (Preston North End) / W.G. ("Billie") Gillespie (Sheffield United)  -  2 December, 1922
4.  William T. Kirton (Aston Villa) / David Rollo (Blackburn Rovers)  -  9 December, 1922
5.  Samuel J. Wadsworth (Huddersfield Town) / Stuart Davidson (Middlesbrough)  -  16 December, 1922


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment, though it will not appear straight away, as I will need to authorize it.