Wednesday 17 February 2016

Crescent Confectionery - CRE-080/CRM-1 Footballers (02)


1923-24
CRE-080/CRM-1 Footballers
Crescent Confectionery
101 cards

Matthews Zubrot has found an unrecorded card from this collection. The 100 card checklist has been known for many years and it's amazing that a card like the Grimsdell one can still be found. I wonder how many other cards may be floating around that nobody checks. Strange. The trouble is now I'll be checking all those Crescent cards, just in case, and I bet I'll never find another one that's unlisted.
The full checklist can be found here - Crescent Confectionery - CRE-080/CRM-1 Footballers.
UPDATE (09-10-2023 16:57):  Date amended to 1923-24. Read Carl Wilkes' amazing biography of this company here - The Crescent Confectionery Co. Ltd.

A. Grimsdell (Tottenham H'spurs F.C.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment, though it will not appear straight away, as I will need to authorize it.