Friday, 17 May 2013

Murray Collection / Third Eye Centre, Glasgow - Scottish Football 1872-1914 (Postcards)



1983
Scottish Football 1872-1914 (Postcards)
Murray Collection / Third Eye Centre, Glasgow
10 postcards

For their exhibition on Scottish Football the Third Eye Centre in Glasgow issued a set of 10 postcards reprinting designs from original postcards issued during the period that the exhibition covered. I only know of seven of these postcards. Can anyone let me know what the other three were?

Queen's Park Football Ground, New Ground (Hampden Park)
McColl (Newcastle United)
Jacky Robertson (Glasgow Rangers)
David Wilson (Queens Park)
Dundee - Scottish Teams series
Third Lanark - Scottish Teams Series
A.G. Raisbeck (Liverpool)
Bobby Walker and his International Caps
Hamilton Crescent Ground
Celtic -  player in original striped kit

4 comments:

  1. Check the link for one of your missing cards. http://www.londonhearts.com/legends/walkerbobby/pages/1900-0101.html
    The other two cards I think are old images of other famous Scottish football grounds. I have these somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Steven,

      Thanks for letting me know. I've asked them if I can reproduce the postcard.

      Alan

      Delete
  2. Alan. Just came across this series and the three missing cards are Bobby Walker and his International Caps, Hamilton Crescent Ground, and Celtic, showing a player in their original striped kit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for your help. It's always great to complete a checklist no matter how small, after it's been sitting on my blog for more than a dozen years.

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment, though it will not appear straight away, as I will need to authorize it.