Tuesday, 28 July 2026

Topps - Topps Premier League 2026/27 (03) - Starter Pack


2026-27
Topps Premier League 2026/27
Topps
300 base cards

The Online exclusive Starter Pack is the perfect way to kick off your Topps Flagship Premier League 2026/27 collection, bringing together stars, rookies, inserts, and exciting chase cards in one accessible format. Each Starter Pack contains a binder with checklist, a pack of card sleeves and 32 cards including a Gold Lion card and a guaranteed Retro Threads, 8-bit Ballers or Remember the Name card. Price £18.99.
UPDATE (07-08-2026 13:03):  Scans of the front and back of a Starter Pack added - just 1 packet of 10 cards plus the Gold Lion card.

PL26-SP1011.  Starter Pack

19 comments:

  1. More of a non-starter pack at that excessive price! Far too expensive a collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't get over the prices. The Starter Pack being an online-exclusive is understandable, non of the usual outlets would bother to stock them at these prices.

      Delete
    2. I think starter packs will still be everywhere. This is just a "special" online version that includes a "bonus" card for people with no sense.

      Delete
    3. If they are, I'll probably get one, otherwise I'll pass.

      Delete
  2. The Top white box is saying “3 packs + 1 Gold Lion + 1Bonus Insert”, but then the What’s inside strip at the bottom is saying “1pack + 1Gold Lion.

    I would assume at that price the 3 packs option would be correct, but I doubt I’ll be collecting these this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gary,
      Yes, I noticed that too. Mistakes like that make me feel I'm not the only one that makes the odd mistake now and again.

      Delete
  3. I got 5 of these cards this morning in the Match of the Day magazine. They are really not that great and as people have said - they are ridiculously expensive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here, I think the images on the cards are terrible. Sesko looks like he's doing giraffe impressions - such a long neck. And what have they done to the backgrounds! Also noticed, only base cards in my free pack.

      Delete
    2. I have one of Xavi Simons - it's so bad it's ridiculous. I certainly won't be buying any of these things other than any freebies I pick up. Worst set of cards I've ever seen.

      Delete
  4. So, starter packs and other items are in the supermarkets today. I did briefly consider buying a starter pack, but they are just too much money and this collection is pretty pointless anyway. If they were half the price I might have bought one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi John,
      I'm amazed that supermarkets are stocking them, considering the price on all those items. Crazy.

      Delete
    2. In Tesco and ASDA this morning.

      Delete
  5. This is just a slightly glorified Hobby set really - it's completely uncollectable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just went to buy two packets. The girl behind the till said "£7", I said "no thanks" and walked out.

      Delete
  6. Yes - They are a whopping £3.50 a packet.
    Lots of stock available in the local supermarkets. Whether anyone is buying any of it is another matter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If Topps were not so greedy and had the starter pack priced at less than a tenner (as it should have been) then many more people (including me) might have bought one. You can't collect this set - even to get a set of the base cards is going to be tricky and the cards are rubbish anyway. I simply don't get it - no club badges or goalkeepers and out of date squads, not to mention that with 14 cards per team it doesn't even sit nicely in the binder. It's a mess and kids are not going to collect it either because it's so expensive. In a few weeks time the second hand market is going to be flooded with these cards if anyone wants them. My local Tesco had a huge amount of stock yesterday and this morning - it looked like it was all still there.
    Topps have killed the PL card collection as they kill virtually everything they get the license for. The new MA set that will come out next month will be the most expensive ever and will be just as hard to collect. It's a real shame for the hobby that they are doing this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Watch the Youtubers raving about this collection, but it's alright for them, they don't have to actually buy this stuff.

      Delete
    2. I try not to watch those videos without a sick bag handy.

      Delete
  8. The standard starter packs you can buy are £11.99. You get one packet of cards, a gold lion card, 10 card sleeves (why would you need them ?) a binder and checklist and a one page guide.
    Value for money - definitely not.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment, though it will not appear straight away, as I will need to authorize it.