Monday, 1 June 2026

Jim Hossack - Yesterday's Heroes


2000's
Yesterday's Heroes
Jim Hossack
5? cards

I was asked about the Yesterday's Heroes cards produced by Jim Hossack. I thought I had quite a few listed in my database, but there were only 5, as shown here.
UPDATE (09-06-2026 08:44):  Richard White has provided scans of another 15 Yesterday's Heroes cards.
  1. Gordon Banks #/18
  2. Willie Bauld #/30
  3. Willie Bauld - King of Hearts #/18
  4. Bobby Baxter (Middlesbrough & Scotland) #/12
  5. George Best (Manchester United) #/18
  6. George Best (Manchester United) - Promo #/18
  7. George Best (Manchester United) - Gold Foil #/12
  8. George Best (Manchester United) - Silver Foil #/12
  9. (Matt) Busby & (Tommy) Lawton #/18
  10. John Charles #/18
  11. Johnny MacKenzie #/12
  12. Wilf Mannion #/18
  13. Joe McBride (Celtic) #/12
  14. Stanley Mortensen #/12
  15. Lawrie Reilly #/30
  16. Alex Scott #/12
  17. Gordon Smith (Hibernian) #/18
  18. Gordon Smith (Hibernian) - Promo #/18
  19. Bobby Templeton #/6
  20. Willie Toner (Kilmarnock)

4 comments:

  1. Hi Alan , I have another 15 Yesterday's Heroes cards - will I send you details and copies by e-mail?
    best regards
    Richard White

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alan, I also have a couple of Jim's cards. I have 'Samba Superstars' Pele, Jairzinho and Zico 10 of 12 and 'Soccer Heroes' Pele 3 of 30.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Andy,
      I found these cards on eBay. I've been meaning to add checklists for the other Hossack card types. These will enable me to continue with that process. From my records three are 3 Samba Superstar cards - same design, same players, just different coloured borders. Jim gave each of them their own card numbers in his catalogue.
      Cheers,
      Alan

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment, though it will not appear straight away, as I will need to authorize it.