Monday 5 February 2024

Futera - Selecta Club - Carreras Footballers


2024
Selecta Club - Carreras Footballers
Futera
? cards

Futera has announced a new exclusive Selecta Club collection of football cards. Can anyone recognize any of the silhouettes? These are based on Australian Rules Football cards issued in Australia in 1933 by A.W. Allen Confectioners. Futera seem to be under the impression that they were issued as cigarette cards by Carreras, but I must admit I'm not an expert on Aussie Rules cards. I'm not sure what the collection is going to be called so I will probably have to amend the title shown above. A checklist for the original A.W. Allen cards is now available on my blog - A.W. Allen (Confectioners) (Australia) - League Footballers (Australian Rules Football).
UPDATE (05-02-2024 15:15):  I said I didn't know much about Aussie Rules cards and I was right. John Levitt has provided a link in the comments that show the Carreras version of the A.W. Allen Confectionery cards that they issued with their Turf Cigarettes brand in a collection called Personality Series that was issued in the same year, 1933.

2 comments:

  1. Alan, The CGSB web site has an image of a Carreras Aussie Football Card see link below

    hhttps://csgb.co.uk/cardoftheday/2022-12-22

    regards
    John Levitt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you John, I said I didn't know much about them. All my searching didn't bring up any Carreras cards, but I probably should have been looking for Turf instead.

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment, though it will not appear straight away, as I will need to authorize it.