Sunday 16 April 2023

August Beck & Co. / Yum Yum Tobacco (USA) - (N398) Sports


1893
(N398) Sports
August Beck & Co. / Yum Yum Tobacco
USA
10 cards

Just about the only reference I can find for these cards is on the Pre-War Cards website. I hope they won't mind me borrowing their images as I can provide a list of 10 cards. These cards are so rare I haven't been able to discover whether the Foot Ball card features real football or American football.
The cards measure 69mm x 44mm. Brand name printed on brown banner at lower border: 
SMOKE AND CHEW
YUM YUM TOBACCO. 
Back (printed horizontally): 
Smoke and Chew "Yum Yum,"
AND SAVE THESE PICTURE CARDS.
We will send you by mail :
1 Fancy Cob Pipe (finest made) for 20 cards.
1 Genuine Briar Pipe for 40 cards.
1 Lady's or Gent's Pocketbook for 50 cards.
1 Pocketknife for 50 cards.
Picture cards formerly issued will apply
on the above.
AUG. BECK & CO., Chicago, Ill.
UPDATE (04-10-2023 20:06):  I finally tracked down an image of the Foot Ball card.

Archery
Base Ball
Bicycle
Bowling
Curling
Foot Ball
Golf
Tennis
Wrestling
Yachting

2 comments:

  1. I have 2 of them. Baseball and Bicycle and they are as rare as the rarest and I’ve had them for over 40+ years.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment, though it will not appear straight away, as I will need to authorize it.