Tuesday 23 March 2021

Kicker magazin (West Germany) - Franz Beckenbauer (1965-66)


1965-66
Franz Beckenbauer
Kicker magazin
West Germany
1? card

I've been asked about this card by a couple of collectors, but I don't really know much about it. Obviously it depicts a very young Franz Beckenbauer, so I've estimated a date for it as 1965/66. I'm not sure if it is a one-off card or whether there were cards for other players too. I've checked the HurliBurli website but haven't been able to find any similar Bayern München cards.
The back is interesting:
Lieber Sportfreund vielen Dank daß sie dem geschrieben haben. Ich darf Ihnen versichern, daß icn mich über jeden Autogrammwunsch freue. Gern unterschreibe ich deshalb mein Foto für Sie. Die Kicker-Aktion, Sportfreunden zu Autogrammen zu verhalfen, finde ich großartig. Sie hilft uns, die wir doch sehr beansprucht sind, in großern Maße. Ihnen alles Gute und besten Dank für Ihre Grüße und Wünsche.
Mit sportlichem Gruß
Franz Beckenbauer
which translates as:
Dear sports friend, thank you very much for writing. I can assure you that I look forward to every autograph request. I am therefore happy to sign my photo for you. I think the Kicker campaign to help sports fans get autographs is great. It helps us, who are still very stressed, to a great extent. All the best to you and thank you very much for your greetings and wishes.
With sporting greetings
That seems to indicate that there was some sort of campaign by Kicker, details of which may be included in contemporary issues of the magazine. It certainly seems to indicate that others besides Beckenbauer were involved. If you can help with any information relating to this subject please get in touch.

Franz Beckenbauer (FC Bayern München)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment, though it will not appear straight away, as I will need to authorize it.