Saturday 18 July 2020

Liverpool Courier - Liverpool Courier Picture Postcards - Photo-Caricatures of the Everton Football Players


1921-22
Liverpool Courier Picture Postcards
Photo-Caricatures of the Everton Football Players
Liverpool Courier
? postcards

I have been sent a scan of this cutting and asked whether I have any information about this collection. Unfortunately I don't have much information, just one entry in my database, so this cutting allows me to add another. I have had this image of the Stanley Davies postcard for about 30 years and it's not very good quality. Back then I only had access to a poor black and white photocopier and this image is a scan of that photocopy.
The caricatures are drawn by Geo. Green, the postcards printed by C. Tinling and Co., Victoria Street, Liverpool, and the blocks by Palatine Engraving Co., Liverpool.
UPDATE (23-08-2023 16:20):  The current issued of the Football Postcard Collectors Club Journal, issue number 134, dated August 2023, includes a list and some examples of five more postcards in this series (pages 5180-5183). 

George Brewster   -   added 23-08-2023
Sam Chedgzoy   -   added 23-08-2023
Stanley Davies
Stanley Fazackerley
Tommy Fern   -   added 23-08-2023
Tommy Fleetwood   -   added 23-08-2023
Jack McDonald   -   added 23-08-2023

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment, though it will not appear straight away, as I will need to authorize it.