Sunday 4 August 2013

Glasgow Rangers F.C. - Rangers Legends (2010 - Players)


2010
Rangers Legends (Players)
Glasgow Rangers F.C.
12 scratch cards

These scratch cards have been issued over a number of seasons. I have complete lists for one of the Rangers Legends collections, the Rangers Strikers set and the Rangers Greatest Ever Team set. I'm still missing one name from the Rangers Captains collection and I only know of two scratch cards in the Rangers Legends set that is made up of team photos. Please help with information if you can.
UPDATE (04-04-2018 20:54):  I originally included five different sets of scratch cards in this post, but I've decided to do a little bit of housekeeping by cutting this post down to just one set of cards and then adding the other sets as separate posts over the next couple of days. I don't have any images to go with this checklist.
UPDATE (07-04-2018 09:28):  Richard White has kindly provided a scan of one of the scratch cards.

Willie Waddell
John Greig
Sandy Jardine 
Richard Gough
Colin Stein
Alan Morton 
Paul Gascoigne
Brian Laudrup 
Alex McLeish
Ian Wallace
John Brown
Ian Durrant

2 comments:

  1. Hi some info for you:
    re Rangers Captains, there are scratchcards for Jock Shaw & Fernando Ricksen, (may be more).
    Also there was a "Rising Stars" set of cards featuring the Youth set up, circa 2004.Different cards were issued for each match as the ones I have have the opposition team but no date. I have:
    U15 Squad
    Bob Davidson
    Lee Robinson
    Steve Smith
    Finally Legends teams:
    1977-78 team
    1996-97 team
    1997-98 team.
    Hope this helps

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lindsay,

      Thank you for all the information you've provided. I added this post just a few months after starting my blog. These days I would add these sets as separate posts, so I am going to do a bit of housekeeping by cutting this down to the first set of scratch cards and then adding the rest as new posts.

      I notice there'a new set of Rangers Legends scratchcards for 2017/18 featuring team photos, I'll be adding something about them too, even though I don't have a checklist for them.

      Kind regards,

      Alan

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment, though it will not appear straight away, as I will need to authorize it.