Sunday, 18 August 2013

Dunlop - Dunlop Superstars


1980's
Dunlop Superstars
Dunlop
Unknown number

These postcards were issued in the early 1980's but I only know of one so far. Trevor Brooking was used in adverts by Dunlop endorsing their football boots.
UPDATE (14-102-206 16:33):  A photo of the Trevor Brooking postcard added, thanks to Trevor Cotterell.

Trevor Brooking


5 comments:

  1. Trevor Cotterell12 October 2026 at 18:30

    There is a boot tag on e bay by this company

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Trevor,
      Did a quick search and found a load of Paddington Bears!

      Delete
    2. Trevor Cotterell14 October 2026 at 15:52

      It looks like it's gone now, however a postcard of this series has appeared of Trevor Brooking

      Delete
  2. Trevor Cotterell15 October 2026 at 09:10

    Boot tag is back on under:- Dunlop Superstars 100 round advertising sign.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Trevor,
      Thanks for the note. I just bought a full-page advert for Dunlop featurng Trevor Brooking. It includes a small image of the tag, they call it a swing tag. The seller says, made in Hong Kong but that refers to the football boots not the tag. There was also a Bobby Charlton swing tag too but haven't found an example of that one. I'll get this on my blog asap.
      Cheers,
      Alan

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment, though it will not appear straight away, as I will need to authorize it.