Thursday, 28 February 2013

Leeds United magazine - Leeds United stickers


1997
Leeds United stickers
Leeds United Magazine
11 stickers

These stickers were given free with the monthly Leeds United Magazine. I don't know when the first one was given away, nor the last one. The details I have are listed below. The stickers are unnumbered. The numbers to the left of the sticker identify the month and year of issue.
UPDATE (29-06-2026 15:24):  The checklist has been updated and completed, thanks to Windy Travels. The centre-page spread of the February 1997 is designed for collecting the stickers. The July 1997 issue is number 9 but has been incorrectly numbered 8.

02-97.  Vol. 3 No. 4.  Nigel Martyn
03-97.  Vol. 3 No. 5.  Lee Bowyer
04-97.  Vol. 3 No. 6.  Lee Sharpe
05-97.  Vol. 3 No. 7.  Pierre Laurent
06-97.  Vol. 3 No. 8.  Robert Molenaar
07-97.  Vol. 3 No. 9.  David Robertson
08-97.  Vol. 3 No. 10.  Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink
09-97.  Vol. 4 No. 1.  David Hopkin
10-97.  Vol. 4 No. 2.  Lucas Radebe
11-97.  Vol. 4 No. 3.  Rod Wallace
12-97.  Vol. 4 No. 4.  Gary Kelly

7 comments:

  1. The full set is 11 stickers in total, intended to be mounted on a centre page spread, which was provided in Vol 3, Issue 4 of the mag, in which the first sticker was provided.

    Vol 3 Issue 4 Feb 97 Nigel Martyn

    Vol 3 Issue 5 Mar 97 Lee Bowyer

    Vol 3 Issue 6 April 97 Lee Sharpe

    Vol 3 Issue 7 May 97 Pierre Laurent

    Vol 3 Issue 8 Jun 97 Robert Molenaar

    Vol 3 Issue 9 Jul 97 David Robertson

    (Issue 9 is misnamed on the cover of the mag as issue 8)

    Vol 3 Issue 10 Aug 97 Jimmy Hasselbaink

    Vol 4 Issue 1 Sept 97 David Hopkin

    Vol 4 Issue 2 Oct 97 Lucas Radebe

    Vol 4 Issue 3 Nov 97 Rod Wallace

    Vol 4 Issue 4 Dec 97 Gary Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Windy Travels,
    A brilliant list, thank you very much for your help. I will update the post this afternoon. Just spent a little while trying to track down issue no. 4 to try and get a scan of the centre page spread.
    Cheers,
    Alan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Alan. I’ll send you a photo of the centre page early next week, and images of the full set too.

      Delete
  3. Hi Alan, should I be emailing photos to you? Can’t see a way of uploading here, though it’s probably my own ineptitude!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, my fault. I should have given you my e-mail address:
      alanjenkins1899@gmail.com
      Cheers,
      Alan

      Delete
  4. Emailed photos to you Alan. Best wishes…..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know, I'll go and get it...

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment, though it will not appear straight away, as I will need to authorize it.