Saturday 5 September 2020

Airfix - Footballers


1970's
Footballers
Airfix
29 figures, 11 poses

I have just been sent a photo of a few small plastic footballers and asked if I know anything about them. They come from a set of 29 plastic footballers (1/32 scale) produced by Airfix and are ready for painting. There are 11 different poses, including referee and linesman. The guys at Got, Not Got have produced a few examples of what they look like when painted, you can see more here - Airfix Footballers.

Figure 1.  6 footballers
Figure 2.  2 linesmen
Figure 3.  2 footballers
Figure 4.  2 footballers
Figure 5.  8 footballers
Figure 6.  2 footballers
Figure 7.  1 goalkeeper
Figure 8.  1 goalkeeper
Figure 9.  2 footballers
Figure 10.  2 footballers
Figure 11.  1 referee

3 comments:

  1. Airfix (Hornby) should re-release these, I think they would be incredibly popular.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to love Airfix kits, I had loads of fighter planes hanging from my ceiling and battleships on my bookshelves.

      Delete
  2. Great idea by airfix for all football fanatics with a love for airfix kits

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment, though it will not appear straight away, as I will need to authorize it.