Why Not Try Moderns?
Pete Davies produced may postcards during the 1990s under the 'Why Not Try Moderns?' banner. Quite a few were football subjects but he covered all sorts of themes, from collectibles to politicians. I've no idea if they were all numbered sequentially or whether alike series had their own numbering sequence. Wouldn't it be great if someone had an original pricelist for these postcards? Here are the cards I know of, including non-football postcards?
4. National Postcard Week 1988 - Balloons - Design by Richard Blake
5. 5th Anniversary of PPM column 'Magic in Moderns', 1988 - Design by Richard Blake
6. Barn Owl by Geoff Rollinson - To commemorate 100th Anniversary of RSPB
7. Marsh Harriers by George Busby - To commemorate 100th Anniversary of RSPB
8. York Bipex April 1989 - York Castle and Locomotives - Design by Richard Blake
9. Magic in Moderns at London Bipex, Kensington Town Hall - Design by Richard Blake
11. First Modern Postcard Fair 31.3.90 & National Postcard Week - Design by Jack Follows
14. First Modern Postcard Fair 31.3.90 & National Postcard Week - Pirate card by George Busby
15. National Postcard Week 1990 - The Duke's Chariot - fantasy card by Rodney Mathews
16. Issued to Commemorate first British Modern Postcard Fair 1990 - Fair scene
20. The Second Modern Postcard Fair, Nottingham 1991 - Hawaian Scene by Ann Rusnak
22. Margaret Thatcher has her final say as P.M. - I'm Leaving - Design Julie Naylor
23. The Second Modern Postcard Fair, Nottingham 1991 - Pirate card (Clown) by Keith Kay
24. The Second Modern Postcard Fair, Nottingham 1991 - Pirate card by J.P. Porcherot
25. The Second Modern Postcard Fair, Nottingham 1991 - Pirate card (Dutch Windmills)
26. The Second Modern Postcard Fair, Nottingham 1991 - Pirate card Fantasy by R. Blake
27. 1991 Rugby World Cup design
28. 1991 Rugby World Cup design
29. Why Not Try Moderns at Bipex 1991 - Pirate card by Patrick Hamm
30. Don't forget the Third Modern Postcard Fair. 1992 - Fantasy Dragon by Wayne Anderson
33. Notts County F.C. & Nottingham Forest F.C.
34. Sunday Cricket League Champions - Nottinghamshire 1991 by Michael O'Brien
35. The Third Modern Postcard Fair, Nottingham 1992 - design by Arthur Veasey
36. National Postcard Week 1992 - Art Nouveau adapted by Arthur Veasey
45. Arsenal F.C.
46. Liverpool F.C.
47. Nottingham Forest F.C.
48. Notts County F.C.
49. Tottenham Hotspur F.C.
50. Burning Rubber to Bipex 1992 - fantasy design by Richard Blake
53. Picture Postcard Centenary 1994 - Start Collecting Now design by Barry Roberts
55. Notts County F.C., Nottingham Forest F.C. and Trent Bridge
56. Picture Postcard Centenary 1994 - Big Ben design by A.R.Roue
59. Trent Bridge Cricket Ground, with Nottingham Forest in the background
63. Football Series: No.9 World Cup France 1998 - Home Nations Opening Games - England v Tunisia and Scotland v Brazil
??. Euro 96 design