Saturday 21 January 2023

Meissner & Buch (Germany) - Postkarten Serie 2742


1930's
Postkarten Serie 2742
Meissner & Buch
Germany
? postcards

Meissner & Buch was a postcard and Christmas card manufacturer and commercial art publisher in Leipzig, founded 1861 by Julius August Meissner and August Buch. This is the first football postcard I have found from this published, though postcards usually come in series of 6. I have guessed at it being issued in the 1930's because I found a postcard from sereies 2468 postally used in Austria in 1932.

Football

2 comments:

  1. Alan
    I found this website showing the same image amongst 1071 other soccer orientated images which should keep you busy.
    www.akpool.co.uk/categories/33229-postcards-soccer?page=3&locale=en
    regards, John Levitt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi John,

      I don't think I've ever seen so many football postcards in one place!

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment, though it will not appear straight away, as I will need to authorize it.