Saturday 4 December 2021

Einar Ahlström (Sweden) - 100 Olika Aktuella Svenska och Utlandska Idrottsman


1930's
100 Olika Aktuella Svenska och Utlandska Idrottsman
Einar Ahlström
Sweden
100 cards

I've been sent some scans of these Swedish cards but I must admit to knowing nothing about this set. I've taken the title from the text on the backs of the cards, which translates as '100 various current Swedish and foreign athletes'. Some of the Swedish footballers represented their country at the 1934 World Cup and some of the athletes took part in the 1936 Olympic Games.

"Massa" Alfredsson (A.I.K.)
"Acke" Nilsson (A.I.K.)
"Jompa" Nilsson (A.I.K.)
"Long John" Nilsson (A.I.K.)
Anders Rydberg (Göteborgs-Kamr.)
Knut Kroon (Hälsingborgs IF)
Nils Rosén (Hälsingborgs IF)

Pavo Nurmi (Finland - Athletics)
Stig Cederberg (Sweden - Boxing)
Ivar Johansson (Sweden - Wrestling)
Carl Westergren (Sweden - Wrestling)
Keith Brown (U.S.A. - Athletics)
Kenneth Carpenter (U.S.A. - Athletics)
George Draper (U.S.A. - Athletics)
Glenn Hardin (U.S.A. - Athletics)
Cornelius Johnson (U.S.A. - Athletics)
William Sefton (U.S.A. - Athletics)
Jack Torrance (U.S.A. - Athletics)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment, though it will not appear straight away, as I will need to authorize it.