Saturday 6 November 2021

Fabbrica Ferrara (Italy) - Collezione Figurine (1930's)


1928?
Collezione Figurine
Fabbrica Ferrara
Italy
?

There must be more than one card in this collection! The club is identified as 'Int' on the card but Inter were known as Ambrosiana or Ambrosiana-Inter during the 1930's. All of my internet searches pull up Napoli and Juventus player Ciro Ferrara!
UPDATE (02-03-2023 10:53):  Year amended from 1930's to 1928 with a question mark - see comment below.

Meazza (Inter)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Alan - I am not sure the "1930's" is correct. Pretty sure it is not. I do know the Player on the card is Giuseppe Meazza - Ferrara was an Italian player as well but this "Ferrara" is in reference to the candy distributor. The card could be and likely is from the 1920s. Of note, the Ambrosiana name didnt come into play until 1928-29 season so up to 1927 would have been known as "Inter". Perhaps more appropriate would be 1920s

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The more I think about it it's quite probably that the card is from the late 1920's. I think Meazza looks quite young in that photo . He made his debut just a month after his 17th birthday (scoring 2 goals) in September 1927. I'm happy to change the year to 1928 with a question mark against it, I think changing it to '1920s' is too general. Thanks for your help.

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment, though it will not appear straight away, as I will need to authorize it.