Saturday 13 April 2019

Topps - Match Attax 2018/19 (057) - Signed Cards - Competition Prizes


2018-19
Match Attax 2018/19
Topps
500+ cards

Topps have been giving away a range of signed cards this season in various competitions on social media. The only thing that would set these cards apart from all the signed cards available in the secondary market is if they included the special Topps numbered holographic stickers to give the cards some sort of authentication. From what I can see none of the cards carry the holographic sticker.
UPDATE (16-04-2019 07:58):  I WAS WRONG!! A comment left from Pittmy confirms that although the cards shown on social media do not have a special holographic sticker attached one is added prior to being shipped to the lucky winner.

2 comments:

  1. Alan, I am one of the lucky winners of a Topps social media draw for a signed card and I received a card with a numbered holographic sticker to authenticate my card. The picture in the social media also did not show this applied sticker and I can only assumed it is added back at Topps HQ after the players' signing session. As such, I expect all awarded prizes by Topps actually carried a holographic sticker. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,

      Thank you for letting me know. I did wonder if Topps would add the special holographic sticker later. It's great to get it confirmed and I'll add an update to this post. I'll keep watching eBay to see if any come up for sale as it would be

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment, though it will not appear straight away, as I will need to authorize it.