Tuesday 4 June 2013

Shoot magazine - League Ladders Team Tabs (2)


1969-70 - 1999-2000
League Ladders Team Tabs
Shoot magazine

I've heard from Roger Pashby again, I'm not sure if I mentioned it previously but Roger runs a superb website called Huddersfield Town Cards & Stickers and is a real labour of love. Check it out, you won't be disappointed.

Hi again, Alan.

At last! Someone else who has some of these and knows what was released in which year.
Maybe ...! You've helped me date a few of my 'later' MATCH and SHOOT! ones (thanks!) but I have attached a few of interest to you.

And finally, two pre-1970-ish? Lists team colours rather than nickname and ground and also uses bizarre colours for tab itself (not team colours!) I think these might NOT be SHOOT! at all. Did another mag do them? Rover? Hostpur?

The first illustration is from Shoot magazine 1998-99 season, the second is from BBC's Kick-Off magazine in 2001-02. As Roger suggests the other two seem to date from the 1960s. I think we need to do more research....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment, though it will not appear straight away, as I will need to authorize it.