Wednesday 7 December 2016

News & Echo - Footballers of the North East/West


1993
Footballers of the North East/West
News & Echo
18 cards ?

I thought I had this set listed in it's entirety and formatted all the information ready to publish on my blog. While doing some research into an unrelated issue I found a couple of images which prove that I didn't have the complete checklist after all.
I thought the set was issued as two sheets and when cut down to individual cards there are pictures on both side. So that's two sheets, 12 cards and 24 footballers. But I was wrong, there must be at least one extra sheet! If anyone has any further information I would be pleased to hear from them. In the meantime, this is what I know...

Footballers of the North East - Sheet 1

Mark Wells (Huddersfield Town - Notts County kit)  / Michael Jeffrey (Doncaster Rovers)
Paul Hunter (Hull City) / Dean Emerson (Hartlepool United)
Stephen Pears (Middlesbrough) / Sean McCarthy (Bradford City)
Darren Foreman (Scarborough) / Don Goodman (Sunderland)
Kevin Ball (Sunderland) / Tony Dorigo (Leeds United)
Chris Waddle (Sheffield Wednesday) / Peter Beardsley (Newcastle United)

Footballers of the North West - Sheet 2

Dave Bamber (Blackpool) / Mark Wright (Liverpool)
Alan Shearer (Blackburn Rovers) / Steve Bruce (Manchester United)
Jim Gannon (Stockport County) / Jimmy Graham (Rochdale)
John Aldridge (Tranmere) / Alan Johnson (Wigan Athletic)
Tony Cottee (Everton) / Tony Ellis (Preston North End)
Tony Naylor (Crewe Alexandra) / Tony Rigby (Bury)

Footballers of the North West - Sheet 3 ???

John Barnes (Liverpool) / Paul Gerrard (Oldham Athletic)
Dave Watson (Everton) / Mark Stein (Stoke City)
?
?
?
?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment, though it will not appear straight away, as I will need to authorize it.