Friday 21 March 2014

Singleton & Cole - Footballers (1905) (2)


1905

Footballers
Singleton & Cole
50

Matt Stevens has sent scans of the two cards numbered 45...
I have been in touch with two Liverpool collectors who both say that the clean shaven chap is Dunlop. I still don't know who the other guy is. I have seen maybe half a dozen of the clean shaven card but this is the only unshaven card I know of. It would be interesting to get an answer to the mystery.

Anyone?

Footballers - errors & varieties

45.  Dunlop (Liverpool) facing forward, with moustache
45.  Dunlop (Liverpool) facing left, 
no moustache

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hi Jim,

      Might be, but not convinced. Photos of Jack Cox seem to show him with a different type of moustache and a longer face. It's possible he might not even be a Liverpool player.

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment, though it will not appear straight away, as I will need to authorize it.