Thursday 28 November 2013

Ginners Left Foot fanzine / Hot Trumps - York City F.C. Top Trumps Card Game (2)


2006
York City F.C. Top Trumps Card Game
Ginners Left Foot fanzine / Hot Trumps
42

Following a previous post about these cards, I've had an e-mail from their creator - Daley Mayall:

I stumbled across a message you have posted on the internet and thought I would clear up your question - http://cartophilic-info-exch.hot-trumps.html.
'Hot Trumps' were produced within the pages of the York City fanzine I edited, Ginner's Left Foot, with my colleague Angus. 
They were meant as a bit of fun, and featured not just players, but aspects of the club, such as the team coach, the water tank at the ground, and York City gin and vodka (don't ask!) which featured during the troubled John Batchelor era. Instructions were included to stick the page onto cardboard backing and play amongst your friends for a laugh. I think Hot Trumps featured in 4 or 5 issues overall.
As an aside, I actually did design and produce full-colour printed Top Trumps cards especially for the fans, and sold about 60 packs from memory.
I sold one or two sets on Ebay. They were very popular. They were all printed on my home inkjet printer and then laminated to protect them from damage whilst playing. I have attached a picture to give you an idea of what they looked like. I produced a particularly professional set of cards, even though I say so myself! ;-)
I hope this information is of use to you.
Regards, Andrew aka Daley Mayall, GLF (Ginners Left Foot)

I'm relisting the 31 out of the 42 that I know of below. I've also discovered some of the 'Hot Trumps' that were included in the fanzine. They are as follows:

York City Hot Trumps - Ginners Left Foot  #4 - 10-2002

Chris Brass
Peter Duffield
Bootham Crescent
Douglas Craig
Terry Dolan
Vauxhall VX 220

York City Hot Trumps - Ginners Left Foot   #5 - 12-2002

‘Super’ Alan Fettis
Jon Parkin
Fantasy Stadium
York City Vodka & Gin
Keith Walwyn
Club Vauxhall Corsa

Any help with completing any of these lists would be much appreciated.

York City F.C. Top Trumps Card Game

Norman Wilkinson
Arthur Bottom
Sid Storey
Billy Hughes
Billy Fenton
Tommy Forgan
Barry Jackson
Andy Provan
Paul Aimson
Phil Burrows
Peter Wragg
Graeme Crawford
Jimmy Seal
Chris Topping
Ian Holmes
Brian Pollard
Ian McDonald
Keith Walwyn
John Macphail
John Byrne
Gary Ford
Ricky Sbragia
Keith Houchen
Derek Hood
Paul Barnes
Dean Kiely
Wayne Hall
Jon McCarthy
Andy McMillan
Nigel Pepper
Alan Fettis


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment, though it will not appear straight away, as I will need to authorize it.