Sunday 19 May 2013

West Ham United F.C. - programme inserts

 

1968-69 - 1970-71
West Ham United programme inserts
West Ham United F.C.
60+

While searching for various items given away with football programmes I came across a website called Goals and Wickets which made reference to West Ham United programmes from the late 1960s and early 1970s. http://www.goalsandwickets.co.uk/football/football-programmes/revolving-around-bobby-a-brief-guide-to-west-ham-united-football-programmes/

I don't think these are cartophilic as these inserts seem to be part of the actual programme even though they weren't attached. Programmes have often given away prints meant to be collected and framed. The first ones I came across were issued with the Aston Villa programme before the First World War, most were issued as a loose supplement to the programme but periodically they were stapled in with the programme. I've listed the ones I've found but I don't know which programmes they were issued with. There are a number of different designs, perhpas each coming from a different season?

Trevor Brooking
Trevor Brooking
Martin Peters
John Sissons

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment, though it will not appear straight away, as I will need to authorize it.